Troubleshooting Lightroom Preset Installation for Windows
Try this for ACR:
- Unzip your file. Place your .xmp (adobe camera raw) files into the following path: \Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings)
- Once your .xmp files are placed in the camera raw setting’s folder, you can begin to load the presets in ACR. To do this open up ACR.
- Next look at the top right side of your camera raw window, under the histogram. You will see a small box for presets.
Usually, it is the last button in a series of eight options. You will see a preset bar appear. At the end of the bar you will see a small arrow, click on it, and a pull-downmenu will appear. Once you see the drop-downmenu, scroll down to ‘load settings.' Click ‘load settings’ and your finder box will appear. Locate your settings folder containing the .xmp files and select each .xmp file individually and click “load”.
- Repeat this step for each preset. After you have selected and loaded all of your files, your ACR presets are ready to use!
Try this for Lightroom:
- Go to your Downloads folder and unzip the file. Unzip the file. (The uncompressed file will have a .lrtemplate extension)
- Open Lightroom.
- Click Edit. Go down and click Preferences. A new window will pop up.
- Click Presets Tab.
- Click “Show Lightroom Presets Folder” under Location. A window showing the file location of Lightroom can be found (for
example:C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Roaming\Adobe) depending on where the program was installed.
- Locate and double-click the folder Lightroom.
- Locate and open Develop Presets.
- Copy the preset you just downloaded. Go back to where you have downloaded or extracted the preset template or templates, select them, and copy them. You can copy by pressing Ctrl + C or by right-clicking and select Copy.
- Paste the file or files in the User Presets folder inside Develop Presets.
- Restart Lightroom